What is the best way to package my return sample?
Our sampling kit comes with all of the materials you will need to ship back your sample.
To package your samples for return to Biobot, place the filled tubes and absorbent material within the biohazard bag, then put the sealed biohazard bag and freezer packs into the bubble mailer
Note: It is important that the kit IDs on the tubes match the kit IDs on the bubble mailer
If only one ice pack fits in the bubble mailer, place the second pack outside the mailer, inside the box. Packaging the samples this way helps keep the temperature as controlled as possible and keeps those handling the return package safe.
- Ensure that the ID's listed on the tubes match the ID listed on the bubble mailer
- Place the filled sample tubes into the biohazard bag with the absorbent material and seal the bag
- Place the biohazard bag and the frozen gel packs into the bubble mailer
- Seal the bubble mailer shut and place it into the cardboard box
- Seal the cardboard box with the provided box seal
- Affix the provided shipping label to the outside of the cardboard box
Note: The paper copy of the sample log only needs to be filled out if the electronic sampling log form is inaccessible for any reason. Please see the Understanding the Sample Log page for details on completing the sample log electronically
For a detailed instructional video on how to package and ship our kits please see below: