How often do I need to sample?
Participation in the HHS Covid-19 Wastewater Monitoring Program requires enrolled organizations to return two, 150mL samples every week for the length of the program.
What is the sampling log? Why is it important?
A sampling log must be submitted with each kit as it provides our data team with the information needed to analyze your sample and generate your report. We request you submit your sampling log within 24 hours of collecting your sample to ensure prompt report delivery. You can access the digital form at app.biobot.io/sample.
Can a sampling log be updated once submitted?
Yes, sampling logs can be updated with supplemental or corrected information after they have been submitted. However, edits need to be made in our system by a member of the Biobot team. To edit your sampling log, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the best way to package my return sample?
Our sampling kit comes with all of the materials you will need to ship back your sample. The best way to package your samples is to place the tubes and absorbent pads within the biohazard bag, then put the sealed biohazard bag and freezer packs into the bubble mailer. Packaging the samples this way helps keep the temperature as controlled as possible and keeps those handling the return package safe.
Can I establish recurring FedEx Pick-Ups for my sampling location?
Yes, to set a recurring pick-up schedule please complete the following steps:
- Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 to schedule your pick-up. The billing account number is 223050808.
- When asked to verify the company name, please answer "Therapak Corporation". Therapak is the shipping partner we are utilizing for the HHS program and they are the account holder.
- If asked for the company address, the answer is 651 Wharton Drive, Claremont, California 91711. This is Therapak’s corporate address.
- After providing the information above, you should be able to confirm your pick-up address, name, and contact information. You can then set your recurring pick-up schedule to match your sample collection days.
- Please ensure you request FedEx Express (not Fed-Ex Ground) pickups. FedEx Ground can’t transport Category B Biological Materials such as wastewater.
- Through this process, you can also add any notes or details regarding pick-up requirements (e.g. "before 3pm")
If I am unable to ship back my sample as planned, what can I do?
A Biobot wastewater sample can be safely stored in a refrigerator (4°C) for up to two weeks. As long as it is shipped back to us within that window, we can reliably analyze the sample and the data integrity is maintained.
What happens in the case of inclement weather?
As the customer, you choose when you collect your sample. If there is inclement weather on the day you plan to sample, you can pick a new sampling day. Please just accurately record the sampling start and stop on your sampling log.
If you ship your return sample back to our lab and there is a delivery delay due to the weather, our team will do our best to contact you. Our lab is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and winters in New England can often be unpredictable. We will do our best to process your sample as soon as it arrives and provide your report as quickly as possible.